Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Beyond Expectations: Day 1

I honestly am a bit too tired to write but I have so many thoughts swirling thru my head that getting them out will be the best form of therapy beyond, a treat and nap. Both of which will happen after I am done typing.

Yesterday was my "guess date" or my estimated due date. I have been here before. Olivia and Maia came 7 days past their guess dates. Michaela came 5 days before--imagine my surprise.

I enjoy being pregnant and so the past three experiences have been very good ones. This one hasn't been any different. My body has been very good to me during this pregnancy and I love it for that. However, it seems that the majority of society does not want you to be at peace with happily waiting on your baby to come. But if I can be patient, can't they?

I mean, I am the one whose belly has not only outgrown driving the family car (that was weeks ago) but the family minivan. Not them. Paisley seems to like kicking the steering wheel. She seems pleasant enough. Let's all follow her example. No, I didn't mean kick the steering wheel.

Today I find myself tired. Isn't it ironic that being pregnant and having children aren't compatible? Today has been one of those Mommy Murphy days where the inevitable leaky poops, peanut butter smears, children who are slow to listen and obey and numerous spilled cups all collide with a mother's resolve to be patient, pleasant and kind all the while being hammered with whacked out pregnancy hormones and a fatigued body that can only move so fast.

During lunch, I was barely holding it together. Michaela was threatening to blast us with her cries for my not getting her Ovaltine fast enough, I was still calming down from a run in with a slow to obey child. wiping up more elusive peanut butter smears and I started to say to myself, "I am becoming smarter and stronger with each step, I take. Perfect or not." Over and over and over and over and over again. Then I just started to cry.

The girls asked me why I was crying. I told them that being a mom was really hard sometimes. Olivia and Maia looked at me, startled and then both said, "We need to pray." Maia then began to say one of her marvelously sensitive prayers. I folded my arms and just sank into the peace that comes with praying and knowing without a doubt that someone IS listening.

After the prayer, they both imparted me with some advice. Olivia said," Mom, sometimes the hardest things are not the easiest but they are always worth it." Maia then said," Yeah and remember you always have your daughters, we are here for you." Then she said," And remember, you are taller than we are." Enter the comic relief.

Today, I am going to let myself be tired, cry, and still remember that I am still alright and happily waiting this kid out. I have to remember that "I am becoming smarter and stronger with each step I take. Perfect or not." With any luck, I haven't been too emotional to make a point. If I did miss the "making a point" mark, I will try to make one tomorrow.

Oh and by the way, Happy Fat Tuesday! Laissez les bons temps rouler!

9 comments:

Molly said...

Beautiful point. I'm sorry that you had a rough lunchtime, but grateful for our children, who are so often Heavenly Father's message-bearers...even when they caused trouble, too. :)

Emily W said...

Tisha you are incredible, and I am so glad that you can happily wait for your little baby girl to come. Isn't is wonderful to trust Heavenly Father with everything in our life, and know that our bodies if we trust them will do exactly what they are supposed to do, exactly when they are supposed to.

The Mathews Family said...

You my dear Tisha, are amazing and an inspiration to all. Happy waiting! Milo came almost 3 weeks early. I felt ripped off for a minute that I didn't get my whole pregnancy. Oh the hormones! You are a delight and the daughters that you are raising are choice sweet daughters of our Heavenly Father. I love to hear the things they say. Happy waiting and hang in there friend!
-Jessica

The Mathews Family said...

And HILARIOUS!!!! The word verification for my comment above was 'labered'. (The one below is arized) Hee Hee!
-J

Tempest and Ben said...

Your amaziinng Tisha!!!! I'm so selfish I called you yesterday histerical and didn't ask you how you were and I woke you up!! Your the best mom out there girl and sooo patient!! You amaze me and so do those cute lil girls! I love you and keep standing in your majesty!! Your the best mommy ever! Can't wait to see you! Keep up the great post!!

Handsfullmom said...

It sounds like you are much more patient than I am at that point. I spend the last month pretty miserable and uncomfortable. Good luck with the birth!

Tara said...

And how often does someone say you are taller than them? Height really helps at a time like that. Good luck with everything.

Ambrosia said...

Very true, Tara. That almost never happens. LOL.

dee said...

what a great coupla posts!!! We can't wait to see those girls(3 or 4)Monday!!. What righteous parents you guys are. It is wonderful to read your posts, and have this written history you share with us.