Saturday, February 20, 2010

Beyond Expectations: Day 5

Happy Day! No boredom. Whee!! It has been one of those nice Saturdays. Don't ya love simple pleasure, easy Saturdays? No where to go, nothing major to do. Sam and I chatted in bed for what seemed like forever. The big girls just hung out downstairs for 2 hrs longer than normal. Michaela slept in for an extra hour herself. Then he and I downloaded some fun music from Amazon. The girls watched some cartoons, we had lunch, then we went on a walk around the neighborhood for about an hour.

It was fun to chat with people who stopped to talk to us. We got alot of "Do you think walking will really do it?" remarks. It was pretty funny. I got stopped by these two ladies in my ward who are sisters. One was telling me how far her children went past their estimated due dates. This was probably about 35 years ago and she went 1-4 weeks past her guess dates. Imagine that. FOUR WEEKS! Another friend and she went 3 wks past her estimated due date.

It was awesome to be out in the fresh air and I loved the crampy contractions that came with it as well. We came home, ate some apple pie and now it's quiet time. I am about to go catch a nap myself. It's been a good day.

I hope you all know how much I appreciate your encouragement and kind words. I can feel your love and it means a great deal. I downloaded a song from my high school years. Remember the song from the Waiting to Exhale Soundtrack titled "Exhale (Shoop Shoop) " by Whitney Houston? There is a line in the chorus that says

Sometimes you'll laugh, Sometimes you'll cry
Life never tells us the "whens" or "whys"
When you have friends who wish you well
You'll find a point when you will exhale

You all have been that to me and that is a priceless gift. It makes everything in life good, bearable, fantastic and just plain happier. There are few things better than being given permission to share your feelings, to feel sincerity from those whom you love and be reminded to take in a good, cleansing breath and let go of all the rest. We all need to be reassured and fortified with peace and positivity from others. THANK YOU. I hope I can return the favor if given the chance.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh, man! I was wrong with my guess. I hate being wrong. I'm so glad it was such a good day for you. It sounds delightful.

Fichtner Family said...

The 21st. There is something nice about the 21st. I mean, it's like counting 1 - 2, only backwards. That's pretty cool right? It was my jersey number in basketball in 7th grade... hummm. Basketball ... baby belly ... I'm feelin' a connection here...

Ambrosia said...

Rae-You are cracking me up with the 21st thing. LOVE IT.

Rach--I love your pie recipe. :)

Tara said...

Maybe in the morning tomorrow, then the church dilemma would be solved. I'm hoping for you.

Mindy said...

All good things come in their own time, and this is a great thing :) I'm glad you are continuing to feel peace and I hope this birth is EVERYTHING you want. Can't wait to hear how excited the girls are. Enjoy having your family in!

Fichtner Family said...

Thanks. So I'll hope that you are having your birth time. BUT if not, here is something to relax to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3WA9iHz5ww

And here is something to get you laughing and dancing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeMJOPlK-0E

love ya - can't wait for your update tonight

TAMMY CLARIDGE said...

You have already given back to us more than you know your influence Tish. 41 weeks. Well... the only thing that any of us know for sure and won't make a liar out of you is that... one day she WILL have to come out! Good luck!