
As we began today's list, I told everyone that we were to think outside the food box as we listed our loves.
Olivia: I love the sparkly ball that you got me for Christmas and I love my bed.
Michaela: She pointed to the crown moulding that Sam put up. I told her it was called crown moulding. Then she pointed to her head and said," I love the crown."
Maia: I love the crown moulding too and the baby that is coming.
Tisha: I love it when I receive kind and encouraging words from my friends.
Sam: I love it when I get things done.
Now about Murphy. We knew he'd be making his rounds today, right? Well, so far it hasn't been that bad but I should have supposed a pain in the patoot in Language Arts instead of Math. Ya'll know about my love-hate relationship with Math. I should never even joke about a run in with it. NEVER! Now I have learned my lesson.
Olivia had a goal of wanting to do three lessons. We should have stopped at two. I really needed a nap AND my blood sugar was low. We got to word problems. I was determined to make them fun and decided to liken them to the riddles given by the grumpy old troll on Dora the Explorer. We got past that lesson. Phew.
THEN, we got more word problems. And Olivia's focus started to flag. I said, "Ok, let's stop there for today." But Olivia said she wanted to finish this third lesson. But the further we got into it, the less focus she could muster and more she irritated my non fish oiled pregnant nerves. She started making simple mistakes and I tried to talk us both down. I tried ya'll, I really did. But it didn't work. I told her we had to stop and I left the room to rant and vent to Sam.
First, he fed me. This makes him VERY wise because when I get all onery the best course of action is to increase my blood sugar. Then, he listened. I told him to go talk to his daughter. I also told him to go ahead and finish that lesson with her as well. It was a good talk. I was in the room for the first half of it.
Dads are so good at making those talks short but effective, aren't they? I need to learn that skill. Hopefully it won't take 7 years to soak in. At least for today, I am still a good mom and I got out of doing the rest of the word problems. Sam is sending me off for a much needed nap now. Well-rested mommies are happy mommies. Time for me to go grab some happiness while I have the chance.
Olivia: I love the sparkly ball that you got me for Christmas and I love my bed.
Michaela: She pointed to the crown moulding that Sam put up. I told her it was called crown moulding. Then she pointed to her head and said," I love the crown."
Maia: I love the crown moulding too and the baby that is coming.
Tisha: I love it when I receive kind and encouraging words from my friends.
Sam: I love it when I get things done.
Now about Murphy. We knew he'd be making his rounds today, right? Well, so far it hasn't been that bad but I should have supposed a pain in the patoot in Language Arts instead of Math. Ya'll know about my love-hate relationship with Math. I should never even joke about a run in with it. NEVER! Now I have learned my lesson.
Olivia had a goal of wanting to do three lessons. We should have stopped at two. I really needed a nap AND my blood sugar was low. We got to word problems. I was determined to make them fun and decided to liken them to the riddles given by the grumpy old troll on Dora the Explorer. We got past that lesson. Phew.
THEN, we got more word problems. And Olivia's focus started to flag. I said, "Ok, let's stop there for today." But Olivia said she wanted to finish this third lesson. But the further we got into it, the less focus she could muster and more she irritated my non fish oiled pregnant nerves. She started making simple mistakes and I tried to talk us both down. I tried ya'll, I really did. But it didn't work. I told her we had to stop and I left the room to rant and vent to Sam.
First, he fed me. This makes him VERY wise because when I get all onery the best course of action is to increase my blood sugar. Then, he listened. I told him to go talk to his daughter. I also told him to go ahead and finish that lesson with her as well. It was a good talk. I was in the room for the first half of it.
Dads are so good at making those talks short but effective, aren't they? I need to learn that skill. Hopefully it won't take 7 years to soak in. At least for today, I am still a good mom and I got out of doing the rest of the word problems. Sam is sending me off for a much needed nap now. Well-rested mommies are happy mommies. Time for me to go grab some happiness while I have the chance.
1 comment:
You ARE a good mom! And, I think your tenacious daughter reminds me a little bit of someone I know...her mommy!
Post a Comment