Thursday, February 18, 2010

Beyond Expectations: Day 3

We had an 9am midwife appointment today. We made it on time. Happily. Dude, I was proud of my mommy skills. I have been preparing Mika for the past month specifically to be a big girl by having her walk next to me and holding my hand when we get out of the car and walk across the parking lot into the building. She is finally getting the fact that I really will make her hold my hand but is thrilled with the independence she gets once she is inside the building. She sticks by me and comes/stops when I call really well. Yay.

So, all of you moms know the drill right? When you go in for your checkups, they need a urine sample. Maia calls this "pressing the pee". We walk in the bathroom and Maia says," Mom is it time to press the pee?" "Yes, Maia," I say. "It is time to TEST the pee." Kids are hilarious. We go in to Suzanne's exam room, the girls break out the toy drawer, I weigh myself, they check my temperature and pulse, blood pressure, measure my fundal height and we listen to heart tones and check baby's position. I got complimented for the second time by Suzanne's apprentice that I have a great belly with which to check baby's position. I feel a swell of pride over my trusty basketball belly.

Speaking of baby position, she is ANTERIOR. FINALLY. Yay. I have been very confident all this time that she would finally get into a good position but I was relieved to not have the pressure of thinking I might have to push out a posterior baby. Phew. Happy Dance. I have been having significantly more birthing waves since.

Michaela. She is a fine thing she is. I love watching my youngest as they realize that there is going to be a new baby. I was curious to see how Mika would catch on since she is pretty young. She loves to listen to heart tones when we are Suzanne's. She is very attentive about it all. She tells Suzanne that Paisley is in my belly and shows them. She kisses my belly alot. Every morning, she likes me to pull up my shirt, she, then, she strokes my belly and says "Hi", "Good Morning" and "I love you, Paisley."

Today, while I sat their chatting after my checkup was complete, I looked down to see Michaela standing right in front me of me. Her lips were only cms from my belly and she was staring. it. down. She was focused. Gazelle intense, I tell ya. It really did look like she was trying to exert her big sister powers to call Paisley forth from my womb. We all cracked up laughing.

So, here we are. End of Day 3. I will admit that this morning, I had a thought that made me believe that I would be holding my baby tonight. This just proves that I know nothing when it comes to the arrival of this bambina. I cannot believe that tomorrow is Friday. This week has flown by. 41wks,which is when Olivia and Maia came, is only a few days away on Monday. I wonder if this creamy baby is going to go for the gold and go past even my own expectations.

At this point, I am just trying to decide if I am going to skip church on again or not. My sister in law, Amber, turned 41wks today. She and I have this uncanny knack on being pg and due at the same time. Last time, we had our daughters (Maia and Hazel) on the same day. They were born 3 hrs apart. She went to church this past week so if she makes it to Sunday and goes then I would feel like a weanie if I didn't. But there is nothing wrong with being a weanie, right? :)

2 comments:

Molly said...

Absolutely nothing wrong with weenie-dom. I huff and puff through church every Sunday and make people uncomfortable - mostly teenage boys and the missionaries. :D

Rachel said...

I am so proud of you for having so many happy dances. I couldn't be happier for you and your patience. I personally think you'll get your creamy baby this weekend.