I have energy today! I love energy days. *Happy Dance* So, I woke up this morning and thought "Wow, I am still pregnant. " I went to a Mardi Gras party last night and I thought that maybe the spicy food would do the trick. I wasn't hanging my hat on it, mind you, but it's been known to work before. I even brought a change of clothing should my water break while I was there. No such luck. I am still pleased with the fact that I was prepared.
While at the party, it was quite fun to answer the big question whenever someone would ask. The big question is "When are you due?" I would smile and say, "Yesterday!" I got some good reactions from that. Later on, we dropped my sister and brother in law's house. He said that my belly didn't look real. I catch a glimpse of myself from certain angles and think the same thing.
Today, I came up with a brilliant idea. I decided that Paisley just might need a little encouragement to come. I didn't want her to think that just because I am trying to be a patient mommy didn't mean that I wouldn't be happy to see her sooner than I expected. I made up a new song for her. It is called "Let's Have a Baby Today" accompanied with lots of hip jiggles. I don't think she bought it.
So now I am digging deeper into my memory to try to attack some of those projects I thought I wouldn't have the time to do before Creamy Chick #4 arrives. I wrote them down a second ago. Good thing because I can't quite remember what they were. Oh yeah, I wanted to work on hanging up a wall of family pictures mixed with some of my favorite quotes downstairs in the family room.
During lunch today, Olivia asked if I had any birthing waves last night. Maia then asked if Paisley would come today. I said, "I don't know but you can pray ask for her to come tonight if she is ready." She did. Afterwards, Olivia explained that we don't always get answers to our prayers exactly when we want them. That we get them exactly when Heavenly Father knows it is best for us to receive them. Not bad for a 7 year old huh?
So as you can see, I am still hanging in (and out) there. I find myself in a weird state of mind. There seems to be a huge part of my brain that is in denial of the fact that I am actually going to be having a baby. What if I have come down with case of beer belly-itis and I just thought it was a baby? Beer Bellies don't kick, do they?
All kidding aside, it is true. The logical side of me knows that she will be born sometime relatively soon. However, the forefront of my mind is kind of blind to the fact. It's not convinced there is a baby in the first place. Is that odd or what? This is what I attribute a great deal of my patience too. I like being pg but I am no saint. It's that bubble that seems to keep me in this peaceful oblivion.
I do have birthing waves off and on, some are obviously Braxton Hicks and some wrap around from my lower back up around to the front and pull up. I really just kind of blow them off. I practice my Hypnobabies, roll my eyes and say, "Whatever. I refused to be tricked into thinking that this is the real thing. I'll believe you when the baby comes out." That kind of thinking is mildly dangerous because with Michaela I was NOT convinced I was in labor. Sam and my doula were convinced but I wasn't. Then I had a thought that said, "Call your midwife." So we did, she came and I was complete and ready to push.
My midwife lives about 45 minutes away now and she told me to be sure to call her a bit earlier than I think I need to this time. Where is the fun in that? I keep having dreams that she doesn't make it for the birth too. Sounds thrilling, doesn't it? I also dream that this wee bairn was 9lbs even. Imagine that. Never mind, don't. Either way, I can handle it for sure. Ok, I'll stop rambling for now.
One of these days I will upload my 40wk belly shot. I'll get Sam to do that tonight, I think. See ya tomorrow, I am sure ;)
5 comments:
9 lbs even? That is what Gabe was. And everyone always gasps. But he came out just fine. So don't worry about size.
I love your for saying that. I am not worried about it at all but it is always wonderful to hear good things. Thanks Gab. Too bad you aren't here to be my doula. ;)
Oh Honey! Jarom was 9lb 7 oz. I will leave it at that :) I know whatever she weighs she'll be precious, and of course, being your daughter she;ll come when she's dern ready! I am so glad that you are feeling such peace, every women should be so lucky going into a labor that way.
You are about to catch up with your mom! I had my 4th @ 34 nearly 35. Isn't stamina great? See you soon!
I love to hear your pregnant thoughts--And how calm you are about all of it. But I wouldn't expect anything else--you just bring an amazing calm with you, even in other people's birthing experiences :)
Hope you get a lot done! I was all set to clean out our garage the morning that I went into labor with Abe, and I'll admit that for a second, I was dissappointed he couldn't wait a couple more hours for me to get the job done. Then of course, it hit me that I was really going to have a baby that day and I stopped thinking about the garage (and my dad went out and did it for me).
Post a Comment