
Happy February! It being the first day of this ever so loving month, I began racking my brain to find a simple way to celebrate Valentine's Day. There are so many fun ideas out there, a good friend of mine does the 14 days of Valentine's by leaving a simple treat for each family member at the beginning of each day. I hoped to be able to do that this year BUT little did I know that I would be popping out my 4th daughter at some point during this time AND little did I know that my budget wouldn't have any of that.
However, on Saturday, I walked my pregnant self into the ground at Target picking up cute stuff for their Valentine's Day lovey, goody bags. Seriously, what pregnant woman in her right mind wears high heeled leather boots out shopping? One who had no intention of walking around that long that is who. Needless to say, I shucked those puppies the moment I got into the car and drove home barefoot. But I digress.
So, I am set for their presents except for Sam but he is still deciding what he wants. He has said a baby will be good. I am hoping to oblige him on that one ;) AGAIN, I digress. SO, I wanted to do something fun to lead up to that day, right? Right! So as the girls were at the counter eating lunch it came to me.
We are creating a Wall (or Window/Door) of Love. Each day at lunch, we are going to write down what we love that day on a construction paper heart and stick it up on the glass door. This is something Sam can do with the girls if I have the baby earlier than expected, it gets us thinking about the things we love and appreciate the most AND I get a bit of festive decorating done everyday.
Today's List of Love:
Sam: I love my family.
Tisha: I love Sam.
Olivia: I love my parents.
Maia: I love flowers and Heavenly Father.
Mika: I love my sunglasses.
Sam: I love my family.
Tisha: I love Sam.
Olivia: I love my parents.
Maia: I love flowers and Heavenly Father.
Mika: I love my sunglasses.
We will have a candlelight dinner on V-day together as a family to top off the holiday and hopefully Paisley will arrive just in time to celebrate with us as well. *Fingers Crossed* I think it will be fun to see and be reminded of the things we love the most in the coming month as we take the time to write them down and hang them up. The girls' responses should make for some good entertainment as well.
2 comments:
That sounds like so much fun! I love Michaela's answer.
Great idea!!!
Post a Comment