
This little practice is beginning to make me think that families are more in sync in the things they love more than I realized. I swear that I don't help my kids make their choices with the exception of Michaela. Sometimes she will just tell me and other times I give her lots of choices of things it seemed like she was enjoying from the day and I just wait to see what she says. What is most interesting is how often Sam's answers are similar to ours even when he is away at work. Every work day, I call to ask him what he loves AFTER we have said ours. His answers are usually along the same vein as ours. I think that is kind of neat. Now that you have read this disclaimer feel free to proceed.
Today We Love:
Olivia: I love riding my scooter outside and feeling the wind.
Maia: I love going to Lia's house and playing with my friends.
Michaela: I love going outside.
Tisha: I love talking walks outside with my girls.
Sam: I love warmer, springlike weather.
In other good news, today we finished our first semester of Math. WOO HOO!! Olivia only missed a few problems as well. Of the 3 she did miss, there was only one she truly couldn't recall how to do and it was from the time when we hit that wall in Math a couple months ago. Once I reviewed the concept she was able to do several other example problems just fine.
The other two were just human error type of things. Like counting 12 instead of 14. All I had to say was check your answer and she got it correct on her own without any prompting from me.
I know its February and all but we didn't do much school at all in December so we are feeling good. It feels nice to have hit this halfmark milestone. We've come a long way and we are thriving as a homeschool family thus far.
Things are about to change in some way once Paisley arrives but I think we have a good enough handle on how we do homeschool that we will survive the impending time of transition well enough and grow a heck of alot from it as well.
Olivia: I love riding my scooter outside and feeling the wind.
Maia: I love going to Lia's house and playing with my friends.
Michaela: I love going outside.
Tisha: I love talking walks outside with my girls.
Sam: I love warmer, springlike weather.
In other good news, today we finished our first semester of Math. WOO HOO!! Olivia only missed a few problems as well. Of the 3 she did miss, there was only one she truly couldn't recall how to do and it was from the time when we hit that wall in Math a couple months ago. Once I reviewed the concept she was able to do several other example problems just fine.
The other two were just human error type of things. Like counting 12 instead of 14. All I had to say was check your answer and she got it correct on her own without any prompting from me.
I know its February and all but we didn't do much school at all in December so we are feeling good. It feels nice to have hit this halfmark milestone. We've come a long way and we are thriving as a homeschool family thus far.
Things are about to change in some way once Paisley arrives but I think we have a good enough handle on how we do homeschool that we will survive the impending time of transition well enough and grow a heck of alot from it as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment