Thursday, February 25, 2010

Beyond Expectations: Day 10


39wk 5 d

This was me 12 days ago. Right before we went to the Valentine's dance.


Still here! Doing well. My appointment with my midwife went well. Baby is looking great. I did have her check me just for kicks. I didn't think I was much of anything because my hunch was that all the contractions I have been having are mainly for positioning baby and priming my birthing machine :) not dilating. I am dilated to 1.5cm. Better than a zero. We talked about my options. She put in a foley catheter in my cervix and when it falls out I will be 4cm no matter what. It doesn't necessarily start labor but it starts you at a nice point when it does start. My midwife predicts that I will have a baby before March. My newest prediction? March 1st. What is yours?

7 comments:

TAMMY CLARIDGE said...

Well... it is 11:40pm here, I am way past my bedtime, but had to check your blog before I went to bed to see if any bambino had fallen out yet. You are so adorable pregnant... I sure don't look that cute! And foley bulb huh? Well my prediction will then be Sunday Feb 28th mid-morning. If I am right, do I get to keep her???

Alissa said...

I was really hoping she would be here.

Smooth labor vibes. ..

Ambrosia said...

ROFL, Tammy. Sorry, I am afraid I'd like to keep this little latecomer. You can be her fairy godmother, though ;)

kim said...

I'm going to vote for the 27th--I've always liked odd numbers best :)

So, only one more day!

Fichtner Family said...

Eric and I both say Saturday. Come out and play little baby!

Ambrosia said...

Is the picture blurry for ya'll? It wasn't blurry last night when I posted it but it is for me now.

Mindy said...

I am also going witht he 28th mainly bc its a full moon, and well frankly anything is possible :) I am also going so far as to say that she will probably weigh in at about 8 lb 7 oz and be about 21" just my fun guesstimate.
You are doing awesome Tish keep it up. Positive thoughts will equal a positive birth experience.