Friday, February 19, 2010

Beyond Expectations: Day 4 and a Half

I just got a comment from my friend, Christina, who asked if I ever think "Will I ever have my baby." This is quite ironic because I just wrote an email to my friend Kris and this is what I said.

Kris--I can say this to you. But I rather not admit it to the whole world. I haven't had this thought before now but I just want to say it and get it out....

I am NEVER going to have this baby, am I?


That thought came to me after I got the most darling picture on my phone from my friend Amberli who just had her newborn son. Amberli was about 38wks along. I just knew when my friends who were due in March started having babies before me that my resolve might begin to waiver.

I called Sam and he praised me for being such a trooper and said,"Don't worry honey, you'll have her tomorrow at 3pm, remember?" This is an excerpt from a discussion we were having last night. He did call the time that Michaela was born (of course, I was in labor at the time) but I like the way he thinks. But in all honesty, it really just can't be that long now. I think I will go make my pie and find my happy and patient place again.

So, yes, Christina, I must admit to having that thought. Do I get any bonus points for only having thought it today?



5 comments:

Rachel said...

See? This is why I love you. You are so positive, but real. It is hard, but it's also so worth the wait. My prediction is Saturday afternoon. Not calling a specific time, but I hope I'm close.

Fichtner Family said...

The 20th is a great day to have a baby too, right? 20. Such a nice number.

Molly said...

I vote this weekend sometime. And trust me - I cannot imagine the frustration and yet the desire to remain upbeat.

Handsfullmom said...

You get LOTS of bonus points, especially if you really do have that baby at 3:00 today.

TAMMY CLARIDGE said...

I loved reading all your day posts lately. Just think... if you would've already had that stubborn baby, we all wouldn't have been blessed to know all your deep thoughts! I loved Hannah's weekly newslettter. That was so perfect and I, as you, have grown up more in the past few years and let imperfection take it's place and it is ALOT less stressful for me and the fam.

I love reading your thoughts and can't wait to hear about your colorful birthing story, as you so eloquently always write. Hang in there... and I think your thoughts about it not being real, etc, are thoughts most preggo women have. I know I sure did. Hang in there... then again, I don't think you have any other choice:) Love you. My thoughts and prayers are with you.